Monday, December 29, 2014

 
 
 
 
The first gift was not wrapped, had no bow, wasn't purchased online or in a store. The first gift of Christmas was a simple gift, a sacred gift. It wasn't gold, or frankincense, or myrrh. It was a gift of love, and life, and peace, and hope. Given by a father to all His children. For God so loved the world, and so loved you, and you, and you, and every single one of us. He gave His Son. He is the Christ. He is Christmas. He is the Gift. This Christmas season, discover the Gift, embrace the Gift, share the Gift.

I love this gospel. I am so thankful for Christ and His birth, life, and death, and that through Him, I can be forgiven of all my sins, and return to live again with my Father in Heaven. What a blessing it is to have this gospel in my life and I love that I get to share it with everyone.

It was a great week and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day brought so many miracles. I am thankful to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the Washington Everett Mission.

This week included a mission wide Christmas Conference, Skyping with my family, and enjoying the gift that is Christ.

I was thinking about when Heavenly Father introduced Christ by saying, "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." and I was thinking how would Heavenly Father introduce me? I hope to live my life and make the changes necessary so that He can say, "Behold, this is my beloved daughter, Shelby Tennant, in whom I am well pleased."

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and will have a Happy New Year.

Love, Sister Tennant
 
 
 
 
Our district Christmas Eve morning breakfast




Shelby amused reading Noelle on her package tag.



This goob closing her eyes in all our pictures together. We got some Seahawks paraphernalia for Christmas

New Apartment
From the Christmas Conference with the whole mission. These are the elders we split the ward with. Elder Young and Elder Lindsay. They cover the Arlington Stake and we cover the Marysville Stake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment