Thursday, February 26, 2015

What a week it has been.

First off, I found out I'M TRAINING, second, I found out I'm WHITEWASH TRAINING.

Monday was Sister Lawson's last P day so we played volleyball at the stake center with some other missionaries and members of our ward. Then for FHE we had a talent show and a less active man (not YSA but we're still working with him a little) came and performed on the piano. He's pretty fantastic so it was cool to have him there.

Tuesday we had dinner with the two of our favorite families in the whole wide world and we took a big family picture with them! We love the Duces and the Danhofs and they have each made such an impact in my life.

Thursday, all the missionaries going home had a big conference. Usually they just have individual interviews with President, but since there's 32 of them (which is a huge massive group) they all met together. So I was on exchanges in Stillaguamish, and we exchanged back after the conference. So that was an emotional day.

We also got to help some sisters who were struggling, and we took them on a drive and just sat and talked with them overlooking Lake Stevens. So. Beautiful. And they are doing much better now!

Friday we worked at the Marysville Food Bank and a miracle happened! My recent convert, Amy, in Everett, moved out to Marysville the week after she was baptized and we lost contact with her since she didn't have a reliable phone and we couldn't get her address. I've been worried about and praying for her since she left, trying to find a way to track her down. Then low and behold, her mom walked into the foodbank! I talked to her and found out where Amy is. We were able to go find her Saturday and I gave her a huge hug! I am so thankful we found Amy!

So Thursday nights before transfers, we get "Leadership calls" where you find out if you're going to be a Sister Training Leader/ Trainer, etc. I've had this feeling for the past 3 months that as soon as Sister Lawson and I were done being companions, I was going to train. I was so nervous about it. But 10:30 pm came and went and I thought I was safe. But at 11:30 when we were both asleep, we got the call and I am going to be a trainer.

Friday afternoon we went to the mission office for trainer's training, and guess who else was there? Sister Wikstrom! She's training again for her last 12 weeks! We sat next to each other and Sister Lawson was there too so it was cool having them both there together. I love these sisters so much!!

Saturday we spent most of the day packing both of us up since they're closing our area. Since there are so few missionaries after this huge transfer is leaving, so they have to close some areas and spread us all out, so we have to have our apartment spotless.

Sunday was the saddest of days. I found out in ward council that I was giving a talk in sacrament since it was my last Sunday too. Sister Lawson was giving her farewell talk so then they asked me to speak too. After church, we had to say goodbye in the parking lot and we both cried a lot. She will do amazing things and I am so proud of her! She accidentally took the house key, so Sister Solosko and I had to drive down to the mission office to pick it up and I got to see Sister Lawson again for a few minutes! 
That made me happy :)

Now on to finishing packing and preparing for a new area and companion tomorrow!

Love, Sister Tennant

No comments:

Post a Comment