Monday, January 26, 2015

Catching Chickens, Praying for Lights

 
 
 January 26, 2015
 
 
Sorry I didn't get to write a weekly update last week, so here is a brief overview of the last two weeks!

We got to help a family catch all their chickens that had escaped. Turns out that' one of my hidden talents

We volunteered at the Marysville Food Bank again and got to help a lot of people

We had a ward activity at Alfy's pizza in Everett, MY OLD AREA. It was really cool being back in my "home" seeing all my old places, but there was almost a sense of closure because it didn't feel like my area anymore. It was neat to feel that Marysville/Armar ward is now where I need to be

Sunday, we got to church and no one was in the parking lot and all the power was out. We still had our meetings with the ward mission leader and Bishop, with lights from the windows, but the bishop decided that if the lights didn't come back on, we would just have Sacrament meeting. So we were all praying really hard, and went forward with everything. We started Sacrament, and as we all took our breath to start the opening song, the lights flickered on! I knew they were going to come back on, so it was a great testimony to me that the power of prayer is so real.

Last Monday, we went to one of our investigators' house and did origami with his little brother. It was so fun! I love all the friendships we get to build out here :)

Wednesday was Zone Conference!

Saturday we were on exchanges and I got to go to the Stillaguamish ward in Arlington

Keep reading your scriptures, saying your prayers, and going to Church!
Sister Tennant
 

We helped a family catch their chickens. First time in my life touching a chicken


Bowling for P Day!

Right before transfers, saying goodbye to the Armar team!
 
Thai Food Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment