Monday, December 7, 2015

And it's December which means it's officially Christmas season, the best time of the year!!!

Last Monday we got to decorate cookies with a member! Their decorating skills go way above and beyond what I am used to. I tried to get all fancy but ended up resorting back to the usual frosting and some sprinkles.

Friday Elder Johnson of the Seventy came to visit! We met with the whole north half of the mission and learned from him. He talked for a long time and at the end gave us a really cool invitation. He said, "Even if you've done it before, I want everyone, in their nightly prayers to ask Heavenly Father these specific and direct questions:
 
1) Are you really there listening right now?
2) Is it true that you have a body of flesh and bones?
3) Do you know I really exist/ Do you know me personally?
4) Am I really your daughter/son? Are you really my Father?
5) Do you love me?"
 
And he promised that our lives would change. Heavenly Father loves each one of us so much and I want to leave everyone with the same invitation. Tonight before bed, ask God these questions and you will feel His love so powerfully for you individually.

And Saturday was the Anacortes Christmas Parade! Our ward made a float for the primary kids to dress up and walk with and it was all A Savior Is Born themed, but since it was so windy and rainy, they decided not to participate. But us and the Anacortes elders, and 2 set of sisters from Mt Vernon came over and we decided to walk anyways! We had a ton of our cards with our number and the Christmas.mormon.org link and we split up and handed out as many as we could. We passed out hundreds of them and it was such a neat experience! Miracles will happen, I'm sure of it!

And I hope everyone got to watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional last night! If not, it's on lds.org! I especially loved Sister Burton and Elder Bednar's talks!

Have a great week!
Sister Tennant
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We decorated cookies last Monday!


We raked leaves for a lady in the ward! Who knew it took forever to bag them up? I thought the raking was the slow part!

Ward Christmas Party
 

No comments:

Post a Comment