Tuesday, November 11, 2014




 Church Tour, Zone Conference, and Scriptures

It was a good week!

Last Monday, we did a Church Tour in the morning, which cut into our P Day, but obviously is more important than P Day. A church tour is where we bring investigators to the church building and explain what each room is and what happens, and we usually finish either by the font or in the chapel where the spirit is really strong. It's kinda like a baby step before coming to Church on Sunday if they're nervous about it. So we brought Stacey and showed her around. She's done so much studying and research on official church websites, so she had a bunch of questions that we were able to answer. She loves the gospel so it's really cool to see her testimony grow!

Then on Tuesday we had Zone Conference! I love Zone Conference. We meet at the mission office and get to see a bunch of other missionaries and learn and grow from one another. We also got to watch Meet the Mormons! It was so good and I loved hearing everyone's stories. My favorite was the missionary mom, and I can't wait to send my kids on missions now! :)

We also heard the testimonies of all the missionaries going home before the next Zone Conference, so that was bitter sweet. I'm so thankful for all these missionaries and the impact they've had on my life. 

We got to teach a lot throughout the week too and we had some really good lessons. We even saw Stacey two more times during the week! It's hard though because her husband won't let her come to church on Sundays, so we can't move forward with baptism or anything yet. We're praying that his heart will be softened!

Yesterday was one of my favorite firesides! It's called Cottage Meeting, where we all meet at the mission home and bring our investigators. Recent converts bear their testimonies and share how they found the gospel and share their experiences. I love Cottage Meetings. They're for the whole mission and you can only come if you bring an investigator, and Stacey came! She's hoping to get to come to all our "extra" meetings and eventually her husband will warm up to the idea of church. 

I was also hoping to see Sister Wikstrom at Cottage Meeting, but she wasn't there. I haven't seen her since transfers, but I'm sure she's doing great up in Ferndale!

Sister Davis and I are continuing to have fun and work hard in Everett and we're looking forward to this next week!
 
 It was a good week!
 
I found a scripture that perfectly describes Washington. In fact, I'm pretty sure Paul was talking about Washington when he wrote it. It's in Hebrews 6:7 "For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessings from God" It rains a lot but it is so beautiful and a blessing from Heavenly Father!

Also, I found a new favorite mission scripture:
Alma 29:9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
 
I love that last line, This is my joy. the word 'joy' is so much more all encompassing than 'happy'. Right now, being a missionary has brought me so much joy and I love it. Sharing the gospel with people brings me so much joy. This is my joy.


Love, 
Sister Tennant 
 

 Doing FHE with Tanalynn Manjidreb and her cousin, Kirete.
 (Kirete is taking the picture)
Kirete

Thank goodness we have a car with this rain!
I think People know I like Kit Kats!

So Many Sweets for My Birthday :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment