Wednesday, November 5, 2014

 Turning "20"
A Hard but Good Week

It was a harder week this week. I've felt kinda sad. Not for me, I'm totally fine, but for the people around me, and the people we're working with. I've grown to love these people so much, and it seems like a lot of them are having a lot of things going wrong lately. 

First of all, Marysville. Some people in the ward know and work with the families who were affected by the shooting, and are still struggling with it. Today, they welcomed the students back to school and had a nice memorial/ceremony to help with the transition, but it's still hard. Hearing about all the sadness is tough but it makes me so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. We know that in the end, everything will be okay, and Heavenly Father has a plan for us. 

Last week, one of my favorite people dropped us. She's one of the people I feel like I was sent to Everett specifically to meet her, and she has made everything worth it. Which is why it's so sad that she's decided not to continue learning about the gospel. I know that one day, she will have a change of heart and decide to come back. It might not be while I'm here, or anytime soon, but one day. I have faith. And I will not give up on her.

Sister Davis has been sick the entire time she's been here, and she finally couldn't take it anymore. So Thursday, we stayed in for a long time so she could sleep and recuperate, and again all Friday morning we were in. I've made some good progress on the Book of Mormon! Haha

And Friday, I turned 20. What. TWENTY. I feel so old. No longer a teenager! I still feel 16 though! Our Sister Training Leaders came over for cake and sang Happy Birthday. We also went on a mini blitz with them, meaning we were on exchanges but both in our area, so we had 2 companionship's working in our area and got more done! We had to be in by 6 since it was a holiday, so Sis Davis and I ate more cake and partied! It was a good night and we went to bed early which made it an even better night :)

Saturday was great because we had a lot of lessons and now we have 5 people on date! Things are going great here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

So overall, hard but good week.
Sister Tennant


Halloween Decorations






The Birthday Stash!

Halloween Costumes!
We were each other for Halloween! Look how angelic those shoes look,  switched clothes and name tags.


The YSA sisters/ our Sister Training Leaders came over to have cake and celebrate!



Celebrating "20" with the YSA Sisters





Birthday Dinner.... Homemade Baked Macaroni 




 From a sweet sister in the Ward


 Beautiful views of Everett

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment