Wednesday, October 22, 2014

 
 
 Oct.20, 2014

 
 
What a week!
 
So Monday we officially got the transfer text and Sister Wikstrom's name was on it, so we knew for sure she'd be leaving on Tuesday. We spent most of the P Day packing and cleaning the apartment for the new sister to come in.

A family in the ward wanted to have us over for dinner, but since we already had one scheduled, they took us out to lunch! We went to this restaurant right on the water and it had a BEAUTIFUL view of the Puget Sound. And for dinner we got to eat with another one of our favorite families so it was a good 'last meal' as a companionship.


Then Tuesday. Dreaded Transfer Tuesday. After we had all her stuff packed into the car, we stood in the living room of our apartment and just hugged for a long time. And then we headed to the mission office. When you get there, the zone leaders hand you a slip of paper with your name, your companion's name, and where you're serving on it. Sister Wikstrom is now in Ferndale! She wanted to go back north, so I'm happy for her. And I'm still in downtown Everett with Sister Davis! After another hug with Sis Wikstrom, she was off, and we headed back to Everett.

It's been hard trying to adjust to someone new because all I knew of a mission was Sister Wikstrom. But Sister Davis is great and we're having fun together! She is from Mesa, Arizona and has only been out for 1 more transfer than I have (She came 6 weeks before I did). It's also been stressful because even though I'm still the junior companion, I'm leading the area because I know everyone and where everything is. It's okay though.


I can't believe it's already been 3 months! Time is flying!
Hope everyone is doing well! I miss you all!

Love, Sister Tennant

No comments:

Post a Comment