Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 3 - Mission Update Everett, WA




 Week #3

This week has been great!

On Monday we went to the library and I got a library card so we could get on and have our mormon.org time where we get to look around and be familiar with what we tell investigators to look at. It was cool! I read profiles of people I know!

I also got to invite Patricia to be baptized! I was so nervous, but when the time was right, I just went for it! She'd been having a really awful day, and was crying through a lot of the lesson, so she said she wasn't ready to make a big decision like that. We're glad she understands the importance of baptism and how it is a huge step in a person's life. We know she'll come around though. She comes to church and LOVES it! She always talks about how she loves the spirit that's there and how nice the people are. She's had a tough life lately and so we're glad she's been enjoying church and we know it'll bring her happiness.

I also got to go tracting for the first time! We have so many people to teach, usually there's no time for tracting, but we had a few minutes before our next appointment, so we went for it! We only got to knock on 2 doors though and only 1 answered. We didn't have any more mormon.org cards so we didn't have anything to hand to them. It was still fun though! I am glad we don't rely on tracting, and that we're busy with our current investigators!

It's been sunny every day I've been in Washington. I'm not entirely convinced it does rain here! It sprinkled for 15 minutes a few days ago, but that’s it!

My companion shared this quote with me that I love. "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes a quest, in that moment God endows us with power" I know that as we strive to always be exactly obedient so Heavenly Father can bless us beyond anything we can even imagine!

The Spirit is so strong here as a missionary, and I love getting to spread the gospel with those who are ready to hear it. We have a baptism scheduled for the end of the month and I can't wait!

Love, Sister Tennant




The Drive to Church---So Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment