Wednesday, October 7, 2015

It was a great week! Sunday was the fireside in Lake Stevens, and we got to go! We had one of our investigators and 2 recent converts and it was great! And I got to see a lot of people I love so it was a good night

Our investigator, Bill, got home form his 2 week long trip to Canada Sunday night, so we went to see him Monday and set up an appointment. The whole time we were talking, he seemed jittery, and I thought it was because he was cold (it was dark and chilly out). Then we saw him Tuesday during the day, and as soon as we said the opening prayer, he started telling us this story/experience he had while he was gone. I didn't quite follow it all the way since he was talking so fast, but at the end, he started crying and said how he needs to be baptized. Oh we were so excited. We invited him to be baptized on October 3rd (that Saturday- we'd felt impressed to do so a few days earlier), and at first he said yes but then realized he needed to give his fiance time to get in town so she can be there. She's in Canada, and apparently wants to meet us and start taking the lessons too. So now he's being baptized October 24th and is so excited. He even teaches us the lessons because he's been studying and understands everything so well. He is so great!

And I got a letter in the mail from one of my other recent converts, Marie, that says,
"Dear Sister Tennant, Thank you for your kind email. My baptism and confirmation were two of the happiest days of my life! Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to celebrate with me. I am overjoyed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am now part of a community of brothers and sisters that will help me endure to the end!!! I love Heavenly Father so much! And wish only to be the best person He wishes me to be! Please stay in contact!! Love, Sister Marie"

This is what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about and I am so thankful to be a part of it.

Sister Tennant
 
 
 
Beautiful Anacortes

FOUR generations!
- me, my baby Sister Johnson, her baby Sister Krummenaucher, her baby Sister Thompson

Add caption

Fort Casey- last P day activity

Lunch with the Lewises!

Sis Loertscher and I watching Conference!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment