Tuesday, September 1, 2015

What a week!
 
Monday we went blackberry picking with a member in the ward. No wonder blackberries are so expensive- it's miserable picking them if you get caught by the thorns! I have a couple battle scars on my hands, but the homemade jam was well worth it!
 
Wednesday we had interviews with the mission president! Interview transfers are my favorite cuz I love getting to talk to him one on one. President Bonham reminds me a whole lot of my dad with their mannerisms and humor, so it's cool having a dad away from home.
 
And Saturday, everything went into utter chaos. We had a big windstorm that started Friday night (which really didn't help the wildfires), and Saturday morning all the power from down past Seattle up through Canada went out. Everything was way dark and windy and eerie. There were talks that it would be out for a couple days so we were nervous it would still be out on Sunday and we wouldn't be able to have church. Sunday morning, our bishop actually did cancel church, but then it came back!! That is my 2 lights miracle and is just another testimony to me that Heavenly Father wants his people in church, so things will work out. And we had 4 investigators and a less active man there that day, so it was such a blessing church was able to happen.
 
As the end of my mission draws nearer and nearer, people like to remind me that I am one of the "old ones" now, and that I am the next one in my ward to come home. It's true, my days are numbered, but I am so very thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve my Heavenly Father. This truly is the best thing I have ever done and I am so grateful to be in the Washington Everett Mission. I know as I continue to focus on the things around me and serve with all my "heart, might, mind, and strength", miracles will continue to happen. I love this gospel, I love being a missionary, I love my family, and I love my Savior.
 
Sister Tennant

No comments:

Post a Comment