Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Called to Serve

On Sunday, May 4th, 2014, surrounded by family and friends, I read the words, “Dear Sister Tennant, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Washington Everett Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 16, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president"




For the most part, I don't even remember what else happened that night. My call came in the mail Saturday afternoon, and I waited until Sunday night to open it, so the excitement was high. While I'm not usually an emotional person, reading the words "Dear Sister Tennant, you are hereby called to serve" put everything into perspective for me. Through the whole process of working on my papers, I'd decided that I was going to be 100% okay with wherever Heavenly Father chose to send me, and I would be willing to go wherever He wanted me to go. 


So on July 15, 2014, I will leave everything that is familiar and go somewhere I've never been to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Everett Washington.




No comments:

Post a Comment